PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor - IDC
Love Scuba Diving? Looking to help people transform their lives?
Start your career in diving today with the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and see what you have been missing.
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) is the industry's most recognized leadership program designed to introduce you to the PADI system of diver education and refine your skills as a professional dive educator.
Did you know that most of our instructors were trained right here at Action Scuba?
At Action Scuba, our preparation course gives you the experience, knowledge and insight to not just pass your PADI Instructor Exam, but also to excel as a teacher afterwards. That`s why so many of our students tell us they love our classes. We want to help you become that same kind of instructor.
There are many reasons to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, and even more to do so with Action Scuba!
We understand that you might be looking for a new career and have plans to head down to an exotic island to escape the rat race. We`ll help you not only become certified as an instructor, but we`ll also offer guidance and help to make you more rounded and therefore more desirable as an employee at a resort or dive centre.
Beyond teaching real students, you can opt to gain additional experience with us servicing equipment or helping on our dive boat. We can also suggest complementary training, such as DAN Instructor courses, and design a personalised program just for you.
We also understand that you might simply be looking to take your scuba diving passion to the next level, and want to be able to teach scuba for fun in your spare time right here in Montreal. We can accommodate your schedule, even if you work full time at the "grown-up" job that lets you pay the bills.
Did you know that some of our instructors are doctors, accountants, teachers, therapists and other busy professionals? Trust us, you can do both and we can help.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to become a scuba instructor, we`re here to help you become the best instructor possible. Your future students will notice the difference - that`s the Action Scuba difference.
Get the coaching you need
Making the investment of both time and money to become a PADI instructor is a big decision. That`s why we also offer personalised career coaching to help you reach your goals wisely. Action Scuba has 2 experienced and dedicated PADI Course Directors on staff who are ready to mentor and coach you to success.
Need help with financing the program or job placement after your course? Talk to us - we can help!
The basic steps to becoming a PADI instructor include:
- Completing your PADI Divemaster training and certification
- Become an EFR Instructor
- Completing an Instructor Development Course (IDC) with our Action Scuba Course Directors and professional training team.
Attending one of the scheduled PADI Instructor Exams (IE). Upcoming 2013 IE dates for Montreal:
- May 25-26, 2013
- September 7-8, 2013
- October 26-27, 2013
- Payment to PADI of your membership fees
- Obtaining insurance as an instructor. If you teach for Action Scuba upon completion of your course, you can obtain discounted group teaching insurance through us.
- Then you are ready to teach!
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) consists of several parts:
- Knowledge Development includes home study, classroom and elearning.
- Skill Workshop.
- Rescue Workshop.
- Knowledge Development Presentations.
- Confined Water Presentations.
- Open Water Presentations.
- 18 years old.
- PADI Divemaster. (or qualifying certification)
- Emergency First Responder within last 24 months. (or qualifying certification)
- At least 100 logged dives.
- Have a doctored signed medical statement.
What you will need:
- PADI Instructor Crewpak includes instructor candidate workbook, specialty instructor manuals, lesson planning slates, instructor slates for
- open water through divemaster courses, all quizzes and exams…
- EFR Instructor rating to attend the Instructor Exam.
- Personal Scuba Gear is highly recommended.
What you will be able to do:
- Teach PADI Open Water Diver Course.
- Teach PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course.
- Teach PADI Rescue Diver.
- Teach PADI Divemaster.
- Teach PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Course.
- Teach PADI Project Aware Specialty Course.
- Teach PADI Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course.
- Teach Discover Scuba Diving.
- PADI Specialty Courses. (requires Specialty Instructor Course)
Complete Instructor Course only $1599
Assistant Instructor $799
Open Water Scuba Instructor $1199Register Now
Private courses available on request.
Special Save $300
Add on the Action Scuba Master Scuba Diver Trainer Prep Course
Save more than $1300 with the Action Scuba Elite Instructor Package!
Action Scuba Instructor all in one package!
Special $2199 Includes:
- PADI Assistant Instructor ($799)
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor ($1199)
- Action Scuba Master Scuba Diver Trainer Course ($799)
- Emergency First Response Instructor including Care for Children and AED ($299)
- Fill Station Operator Course ($99)
- Free Air Fills and Charters Dives related to the courses
- Free Pool time at the Aquadome during scheduled pool times
- Action Scuba Dive Team T-Shirt and Mask Strap
|Save $89 by signing up for your Open Water and Advanced Open Water together||$639||
|Save $200 by signing up for your Premium Open Water and Premium Advanced Open Water courses together||$998||
|Save $40 on your PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) course by adding it to your Open Water, Advanced or Rescue course||$149||
|Get a $25 Action Scuba gift certificate when you refer a new student!||FREE||
|Save $199 when you buy a drysuit from Action Scuba - get the PADI Drysuit Diver course for FREE||FREE||
|Go Pro and save up to $1600! Get the Action Scuba Elite Instructor program from Divemaster to Instructor plus tons of extras||Dec 31, 2011||$2599||
|Save up to $720 as you become a Master Scuba Diver. Book 5 PADI specialties and get ALL boat dives FREE||Dec 31, 2011||FREE||