There are lots of reasons for taking a specialty diving course.
- Perhaps the area you intend on diving in has particularly characteristics that you need to prepare for, such as a strong current.
- Or perhaps you want to feel more comfortable with your diving in general and have certain skills you need to fine tune, such as your buoyancy or navigation.
- Maybe you want to attain the rank of Master Scuba Diver, which requires 5 PADI specialties.
- Or maybe there are dives you’ve been keen to try but simply are not trained for that require skills like wreck penetration or night diving.
The bottom line is that the core PADI courses, such as the Open Water and Advanced Courses, only scratch the surface of all the knowledge in scuba diving. In the advanced course you get to sample some adventure dives, but you are still far from an expert.
By taking a course specifically focused on one particular skill or style of diving, such as Deep, Drift or Wreck, you’ll learn specific knowledge about dive theory and the practical application of it relevant to that specialty, plus you’ll be trained on how to use any specific equipment.
And you’ll do it with one of our expert instructors who can share tips and tricks for mastering a particular specialty above and beyond the PADI basics, which is much safer than trying a new skill alone.
Specialty courses are great way to increase your confidence and broaden your diving opportunities, allowing you to dive in new and exciting dive spots. We believe that the best divers never stop learning, so why not join the ranks of the best?
Take more than 5 specialties and you can become a Master Scuba Diver, the highest non-professional rating in recreational diving.
And ask us about our special: buy 4 or 5 specialties and get the boat dives FREE! That's a savings of up to $720!
We are very proud to announce that as of January 27, 2012, Action Scuba has become the FIRST dive centre in Canada to join Project AWARE`s 100% Aware program.
For every scuba student who completes a recreational scuba diving course with us, we will donate $10 to Project Aware. Which means that when you complete your course with us, you`ll receive a special limited edition Project Aware version of your PADI certification card, which you can show off with pride.
PADI Specialty Courses
- Deep Diver
- Digital Underwater Photo
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Drift Diver
- Drysuit Diver (FREE with purchase of a drysuit from Action Scuba!)
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Ice Diver
- Master Scuba Diver
- Multilevel Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Night Diver
- Search and Recovery
- Tec Basics
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigator
- Underwater Videographer
- Wreck Diver
SDI/TDI Specialty Courses
- Solo Diver