PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Course
Want to capture that amazing moment to show all your friends and family? Now you can with the Digital Underwater Photographer course, we will teach you the methods to get the best shots, give you tips regarding buoyancy, trim, camera and strobe use. Let our highly trained instructors help you achieve great results on your next dive.
You can see examples of the work of our underwater photographers throughout the Action Scuba website or check out our photo galleries here.
The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Diver course consists of two main parts:
- Knowledge Development.
- Open Water Dives: Two Dives.
- Must be an Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) or a Junior Open Water Diver and be 10 years of age.
- Mask, fins, snorkel and booties.
- Scuba gear can be rented.
- Camera System can be rented.
- Download and read "10 Tips for Underwater Photographers" from Project AWARE.
If you want to take excellent pictures without damaging the reef, marine life or the fragile underwater ecosystem, it is very important to have good buoyancy. You must be able to take your photos without touching, kicking or steadying yourself on the reef or any underwater life. Therefore we strongly suggest the Peak Performance Buoyancy Course if you feel your bouyancy is not at that level.
What we include:
- Theory review.
- Open water certification dives.
- All PADI certification costs.
What you will do:
Learn underwater photography techniques including:
- Planning, organization.
- Shooting angle and best practice.
- Post dive editing.
- Equipment considerations.
- Complete 2 certification dives.
This certification counts toward the Master Scuba Diver rating.
Digital Underwater Photographer Course $199Register Now
- Inquire about upcoming course dates
- Private courses available on request