PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course
Ever wanted to know what it might feel like to swim effortlessly like a fish? Why not try rocketing downstream while diving in current?
Drift diving can be exhilerating and fun, and allows you to cover lots of underwater territory with little effort.
The PADI Drift Diver course will give you experience in drift diving under the direct supervision of one of our highly trained instructors.
Learn how to communicate and maintain buoyancy while going with the flow.
The PADI Drift Diver course consists of two main parts:
- Knowledge Development completed using home study.
- Open Water Dives: Two Dives over one day. (includes 2 boat dives)
- Must be an Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) or a Junior Open Water Diver and be 12 years of age.
- Complete a PADI continuing education administrative document (liability release form and medical declaration). Download here.
- Your own personal dive equipment: mask, fins, snorkel and booties.
- Basic scuba equipment (Can be rented): Regulators, BCD, gauges, air cylinders, dive computer, weights
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) / signalling tube and reel
What we include:
- PADI Drift Diver manual.
- Theory review.
- Open water certification dives.
- All PADI certification costs.
What you will do:
- Learn Drift diving techniques including:
- Planning, organization.
- Avoiding hazards.
- Proper and safe use of a surface marker buoy.
- Equipment considerations.
- Complete 2 certification dives.
This certification counts toward the Master Scuba Diver rating.
Drift Diver Course $149
Course special get the boat dives for $50 instead of $80Register Now
- Inquire about upcoming course dates
- Private courses available on request