PADI Night Diver Specialty Course
Night diving is one of the most fun kinds of scuba diving you can do. However it can also be scary at first for some, and requires a new way of diving and communicating underwater, since you`ll be seeing the underwater world through the beam of your light.
Come and try one of the most unique specialties with one of our highly trained instructors. They will explain how to safely enjoy night diving and within minutes, your nervousness will disappear.
Why dive at night? You`ll see life that you can`t see during the day, including nocturnal creatures that come out of hiding to parade around freely. The reef and oceans come alive at night with a whole new population! And you`ll also spot some of your favourite fish sound asleep.
The same dives sites you know well by day can take on a whole new life at night. You`ll be in awe of the difference. Come rediscover diving.
The PADI Night Diver course consists of two main parts:
- Knowledge Development completed using home study.
- Open Water Dives: Three Dives.
- Must be an Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) or a Junior Open Water Diver and be 12 years of age.
- Complete a PADI continuing education administrative document (liability release form and medical declaration). Download here.
- Your own personal dive equipment: mask, fins, snorkel and booties.
- Basic scuba equipment (Can be rented): Regulators, BCD, gauges, air cylinders, dive computer, weights
- One primary dive light and one back-up dive light. (can be rented)
- A reusable tank light or glow stick. Please dive responsibly and try to refrain from using disposable single use glow sticks as they are bad for our environment. Ask us about alternatives.
What we include:
- PADI Night Diver Crewpak includes manual and DVD.
- Theory review.
- Open water certification dives.
- All PADI certification costs.
What you will do:
- Learn Night diving techniques including:
- Planning, organization.
- Avoiding hazards.
- Night diving communication techniques.
- Proper use of a dive light.
- Night navigation techniques.
- Equipment considerations.
- Complete 3 certification dives.
This certification counts toward the Master Scuba Diver rating.
Night Diver Course $199Register Now
- NEXT COURSE: Friday, August 10
- Inquire about upcoming course dates
- Private courses available on request