AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty Course
Action Scuba now offers the brand new AWARE Shark Conservation Diver course from Project Aware, which will spark your passion for these magnificent creatures and provide you with the knowledge to help defend them.
We offer two versions of this course:
- Diver: A PADI specialty diver course that counts towards your Master Scuba Diver rating
- Non-diver: A general interest course for anyone looking for a great understanding of sharks. This is a great course for schools and organisations, as well as non-diving family members, since they can attend the same theory portions as divers.
We offer the non-diver version of the course FREE to schools and organisations. Ask us for details.
Why study sharks?
- As apex predators, sharks are at the top of the marine ecosystem. Which means that they play a crucial role in maintaining population balance and the health of the ocean.
- Live sharks are also an important tourist draw in many parts of the world.
- Shark populations are in sharp decline due to overfishing; many species of sharks are near extinction.
- Public ignorance and commonly held misconceptions only contribute to the problem.
- The global impact of losing our sharks will be profound.
- We can improve matters by educating one person at a time.
What you will get out of this course
- Greater appreciation for one of the planet`s oldest creatures
- An understanding of what actions you can personally take to protect sharks.
- The knowledge to become an ambassador for sharks, able to influence those around you.
- New insight into shark behavior
And don't forget to sign the Project AWARE shark petition! Scroll down the page.
- Knowledge development sessions
- 2 guided shark observation dives
- Specialty certification, which counts towards your ultimate goal as a recreational scuba diver: the Master Scuba Diver rating.
- Special Edition AWARE certification card
- A donation to Project AWARE to support their shark conservation efforts.
- Minimally certified PADI Open Water Diver (or equivalent)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Suggested: underwater dive slates for note-taking during dives
You will also need the AWARE Shark Conservation Study Guide from Project AWARE. Click here to download this free publication.
- Knowledge development sessions
- A special Project Aware certificate of completion
- A donation to Project Aware to support their shark conservation efforts.
You will also need the AWARE Shark Conservation Study Guide from Project Aware. Click here to download this free publication.
We are pleased to offer the non-diver version of the course free to schools and organisations. Contact us to schedule a visit from one of our instructors.
This AWARE Shark Conservation Diver course will now be offered by Action Scuba on most of our organised dive trips.
We will also offer the non-diver version this spring for anyone interested in learning more about sharks.
Price: $119 ($49 for non-diver version) Includes a donation to Project AWARE.
|Save $89 by signing up for your Open Water and Advanced Open Water together||$639||
|Save $200 by signing up for your Premium Open Water and Premium Advanced Open Water courses together||$998||
|Save $40 on your PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) course by adding it to your Open Water, Advanced or Rescue course||$149||
|Get a $25 Action Scuba gift certificate when you refer a new student!||FREE||
|Save $199 when you buy a drysuit from Action Scuba - get the PADI Drysuit Diver course for FREE||FREE||
|Go Pro and save up to $1600! Get the Action Scuba Elite Instructor program from Divemaster to Instructor plus tons of extras||Dec 31, 2011||$2599||
|Save up to $720 as you become a Master Scuba Diver. Book 5 PADI specialties and get ALL boat dives FREE||Dec 31, 2011||FREE||