Environmental Conservation Efforts - Project Aware in Montreal
Here at Action Scuba Montreal, we love Project AWARE. This fantastic organisation has been helping protect our planet and our marine environment for many years, and we`re proud to be a part of this movement.
We are very proud to announce that as of January 27, 2012, Action Scuba has become the FIRST dive centre in Canada to join Project AWARE`s 100% Aware program, meaning that for every scuba student who completes a recreational scuba diving course with us, we will donate $10 to Project AWARE. Learn more about this news here. You can also learn more on the Project AWARE website.
We regularly organise several activities in support of Project AWARE`s efforts, including:
- Underwater and beach clean-up activities, both here at home and on our travels
- Fundraising activities
- Support for petitions and causes. Click here to sign the Project Aware shark protection petition or just scroll down the page!
- Conservation courses, including our new AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Course
- Awareness efforts for shark protection, including support for the ban on shark fin products in Montreal.
- General awareness and promtotion of conservation in everything we do.
- We are also spearheading the campaign in Montreal to ban the trade of shark fins. Learn more here and sign our petition.
As part of our partnership with Project AWARE, we also recently hosted Finn, Project AWARE`s own shark ambassador, as he toured the world promoting shark protection.
We are pleased to have been selected by Project AWARE as one of the few global dive centres (and the only Canadian centre!) to be visited by Finn. This underscores our special relationship with this great organisation.
If you also care about the marine environment, why not show your support for Project Aware? Join us for one of our environmental activities this year.
We also have a limited number of Project AWARE bumper stickers and temporary tattoos in store. Stop by, make a small donation of any amount of your choosing to the cause, and pick up a sticker!
You can also visit Project AWARE on line, and check out our profile and events.
We also encourage you to make your own donation to Project AWARE when you complete a PADI course. Ask us how.
Download the Project AWARE guide called "Ten Ways a Diver Can Protect the Underwater Environment" here. (But please don't print it unless you need to! Let's save some trees too!)