Come scuba diving with us in the Thousand Islands
Think scuba diving is just for down south on your annual vacation? Think again! Some of the best freshwater scuba diving in the world is right here in your own backyard. In fact, people come from all over to dive in the famous Thousand Islands.
If you like scuba diving, you really need to try scuba diving with Action Scuba and our sister company, Brockville Dive Charters, in the Thousands Islands.
Here`s a few reasons why:
- There are hundreds of historical shipwrecks in the Thousand Islands, including wooden vessels hundreds of years old, preserved by the freshwater. We visit all of the top dive sites on Canadian side of the river, between Cornwall and Kingston. We visit sites others can`t, because we can leave from multiple docks.
- You can go diving less than 2 hours from Montreal - that`s closer than many ski hills!
- The water temperature in summer in the Thousand Islands reaches the mid-70`s and unlike quarries or lakes, there is no thermocline so you`ll stay warm all the way. No need for a drysuit; for example, in August you can dive in a 7mm wetsuit.
- There is always a PADI dive professional on board AND in the water with you to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable dive. That`s 2 dive staff on every charter - a ratio of around 4 divers to 1 dive professional (or less, depending on the group size).
- Our groups are small and intimate. (and fun!)
- We run charters every weekend from May to late September so you can dive as much as you want over the summer! No need to wait for one specific wreck weekend when the dive sites are crowded.
- Snacks and bottled drinking water are included.
- Because our boat crew are PADI instructors and divemasters, as well as boat captains, we can run virtually any course you want on our regular charters with prior notice, including, Wreck, Deep and Drift.
- Our charter is one of the few bilingual charters operating in the Thousand Islands, offering service in English and French.
- Our boat, Got Air, is one of the fastest on the river, which means less time spent getting TO the dive site and more time spent blowing bubbles.
- We cater to both recreational and technical divers.
- Our group always gathers in the Happy Green Acres campground for some socialising post dive, so why not join us for a fun (and cheap!) weekend of BBQing, bonfires and scuba stories. After all, scuba diving is all about meeting new people!
- We offer a convenient airfill service for all of our charter customers at our Action Scuba satellite station at Happy Green Acres.
- You don`t need to bring a buddy – we will always find someone for you to dive with and one of our divemasters will always be in the water as a guide.
- Although we hope never to need it, we are fully equipped for any dive emergency, which includes emergency oxygen on board at all times.
- Did we mention we always have LOTS of fun? Check out some photos from our charter here
Charter price: $80 (2 dives per charter outing)
We also sell gift certificates for the charter. Ask us for details.
Click here to download the Action Scuba / Brockville Dive Charters liability release form, which must be completed and signed prior to boarding.
Save $50 on your summer diving adventures!
Get ready for the 2013 dive season by purchasing a 5 pack of 2-tank dive charters for only $350. You’ll enjoy 10 dives this summer in and around the beautiful Thousand Islands for $50 less than the regular price. Can be used for any scheduled dive charter, subject to availability.
Or sign up for 5 specialties to obtain your Master Scuba Diver rating, and we`ll give you the boat dives for FREE. That`s a savings of up to $720.
Reservations always required as our charters are very popular. Contact us to reserve your spot or to purchase your dive charter packages.
Note that the use a dive computer is now mandatory on our dive charter. Contact us in advance if you need to rent one.
|Save $99 by signing up for your Open Water and Advanced Open Water together||any time||$659||
|Save $200 by signing up for your Premium Open Water and Premium Advanced Open Water courses together||any time||$998||
|Save $90 by signing up for your Advanced Open Water and PADI Rescue Diver courses together||any time||$568||
|Save $40 on your PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) course by adding it to your Open Water, Advanced or Rescue course||any time||$149||
|Get a $25 Action Scuba gift certificate when you refer a new student!||any time||FREE||
|Save $199 when you buy a drysuit priced over $1000 from Action Scuba - get the PADI Drysuit Diver course for FREE||any time||FREE||
|Go Pro and save up to $1600! Get the Action Scuba Elite Instructor program from Divemaster to Instructor plus tons of extras||any time||$2599||
|Save up to $720 as you become a Master Scuba Diver. Book 5 PADI specialties and get ALL boat dives FREE||any time||FREE||